Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prayer: Most will brand me pagan

It's almost impossible to escape, this matrix of hate,
When I see the world's way and my shoulders bare the weight.
There is no hope, only knowledge of a future and a better tomorrow,
My senses are the way to truth, and often need confrontation to awaken.
Forsaken for I don't believe what I've been told, early youth, wasted in the church's fold.
I heard myself is why I stopped, allowing something false to brand my thought.
Logic and reason,my sword and shield, truth my ideal and life my love.
Dragons be the cleric beasts, whose teeth have scarred my soul,
With guilt and deceit and lies of men, from which I must defend.
Life and limb I would sacrifice for truth, about their God and his inception,
Sense gives me my conclusion, it is but an illusion, unlike the self.
Some of us a gods, and some are fallen gods or devils, and we are all human.
I must account for my own actions, not look to the sky for answers,
I must not search a book for truth, but look into my soul for what is righteous,
I want to cause no harm, no pain, and teach the malevolent ones the same.









No comments:

Post a Comment